The Essence of Effective Leadership
Effective leadership is defined not by position or title but by behavior that excites, inspires, and unites others to contribute their best to a common enterprise.
This course will prepare participants for effective verbal, non-verbal, and written communication. Participants will also gain tools to increase self-awareness, confidence, presence, empathy, and focus. They will also learn skills to manage difficult conversations, to resolve conflict, to listen effectively, to engage people to action, and to execute tasks with maximum efficiency.
- Master fear; build courage
- Maintain focus; control your own emotions
- Develop a commanding presence
- Listen to understand; speak to be understood
- Create a compelling vision
- Encourage and engage people to action
- Ensure continuous improvement
- Manage difficult conversations; resolve conflict
- Deliver compelling presentations
Day 2: Communicate and Execute Effective Leadership
- Listen to Understand
- Capture the Power of Your Voice
- Respond; Never React
- Manage Difficult Conversations; Resolve Conflict
- Engage People to Action
- Master Fear of Public Speaking
- Craft and Deliver a Compelling Presentation
- Establish the Values and Brand of Your Organization
- Imperatives for Effective Execution
- Ensure Organizational Clarity
- Maintain a Learning Culture
- People First!
- Models of Execution
Day 1: Build Character for Leadership
- Models of Effective Leadership
- Governing Principles of Effective Leadership
- Personal Core Values and Vision
- Holding Center
- Master Fear; Build Courage
- Focus and Presence
- Increase Self -Awareness:
- “We Criticize in Others What We Fear in Ourselves.”
- “We Teach People How to Treat Us”
- “Our Reactions to Others Are Self-Informing”
- “Burning Why: – What Inspires Me?
- Rituals for Continuous Improvement as a Leader
- The Four Agreements
- Be Impeccable in Your Word
- Suspend Assumptions
- Take Nothing Personally
- Do Your Best
Course Evaluation Summary
Course Participant Testimonials
- "Public speaking examples were well demonstrated, will be useful."
- "Peter’s high interest level throughout and ability to relate to everyone no matter what the situation."
- "Great course that everyone should take."
- "Enjoyed every second attending this. Experience and knowledge will help at work and at home."
- "Very inspirational, wish there was more time."
Mastering Effective Presentation Skills
Effective public speaking is not a talent or a gift but a learned and practiced skill. That skill to deliver effective presentations is essential to your leadership. The ability to craft a clear and compelling message, to deliver that message with authority and conviction, to capture the belief of your audience, and to engage people to action is critical to your success.
- Master fear
Craft a convincing message
Capture the full power of your voice
Engage the passion of your audience
Inspire people to action
Team Building Facilitation
Culture is the heart and soul of any team. Culture is what defines a team’s values, beliefs, principles, standards, and reason for being. In working with your team, Peter McCoppin will meet with your leaders to determine key objectives. To gain critical knowledge of underlying issues, he will then send out a confidential questionnaire to all participants. On the basis of the questionnaire results, he will facilitate a process by which team members on a level playing field will define their culture in a written, living charter. In a highly interactive session, team members will specify values, behaviours, and actions to which they agree to hold themselves and each other accountable. The result will be a team unified at its core – a community pulling together. This proven process has helped over 80 teams to connect with their ‘burning why’ – their passion and purpose.
Improvement on all performance measures
Improved scores in 360 reviews
Marked increase in: innovation, engagement, autonomy, and cooperation
Strengthening of your brand and reputation as a team
Customized Workshops and Coaching
Available To Address Clients' Specific Needs And Requests